What is Personal Data?
Personal data is information that specifically identifies an individual or information from which an individual is reasonably identifiable, such as an address, telephone number, e-mail address, and possibly date of birth, gender or geographic location (“Personal Data”).
Personal Data We Collect
You may provide Personal Data to us when you interact with us through the Website. For example, depending on the specific MyoKardia Online Services, you may provide us with Personal Data when you:
1. Contact us by email for any reason (such as to ask a question or provide us with your comments/feedback) and receive your name and email address from this contact;
2. Submit your resume or other Personal Data in response to a job opening posted on or by requesting job alerts on the MyoKardia Online Services.
You can use the Website without providing this Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain MyoKardia Services.
Other Data We Collect
When you interact with MyoKardia through the Website, we receive and store certain technical information, which may be collected automatically. MyoKardia may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by MyoKardia affiliates, agents or service providers. This Website may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Website, the number of visitors to each page of our Website, and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers.
Personal Data Retention
Your Personal Data may be retained where we have a legitimate interest to carry out the following purposes: (i) to contact you and respond to your requests and enquiries; (ii) for business administration, including statistical analysis; (iii) to personalize your visit to the Website and to assist you while you use the Website; (iv) to improve the website by helping us understand who uses the Website; and (v) to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice.
MyoKardia does not require that you accept cookies; however, some functionality on the MyoKardia Online Services may not work properly if you decline to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
Use of Aggregate Information
Personal Data does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no Personal Data will be included in the resulting data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new services and tailor existing services to customer desires. We may share aggregated information with third parties outside of MyoKardia.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: MyoKardia, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these services to us and in compliance with the privacy practices and policies of MyoKardia.
- Legal Requirements: MyoKardia may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings or legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of MyoKardia, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Frames: Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Website. Please be aware that you are providing your Personal Data to these third parties and not to http://myokardia.com.
Links to Other Web Sites
You may upload your resume when you choose to apply to any job posting on our career page using sign-in services such as LinkedIn. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal data (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign up form. Services such as LinkedIn give you the option to post information about your activities on this Website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Social Media Widgets
MyoKardia takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Website from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Website may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to MyoKardia via the Internet. If you have any questions about the security of your personal Data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Information
Upon request MyoKardia will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Data. To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in Our possession that you have previously submitted via this Website. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Individuals in the EEA have certain data subject rights which may be subject to limitations and/or restrictions. These rights include the: (i) right to request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data; (ii) right to obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of their personal data; and (iii) the right to data portability. Individuals in the EEA also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal information with their local data protection authority.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as needed to provide you services you requested. We will retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You may contact us as follows:
333 Allerton Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080